Tapas, Taverns & History of Seville Tour
Key Information: Tapas, Taverns & History Tour
|Offered daily Monday-Saturday at 7:00pm or 8:00pm (check your ticket for actual start time)|
|Tours last approximately 4 hours|
|Starts at Plaza de la Encarnación. Ends in Plaza Nueva.|
|€89 (Fall sale! normally €95) per adult, €80 per teen (incl. 21% Spanish sales tax)|
What to Expect on Your Tour
In a city where going out for tapas is a way of life, where do you begin? Find out how to do tapas the right way while also discovering the incredible history of Seville on our enchanting Tapas, Taverns & History Tour.
Food and history are the keys to discovering Seville. From tiny rustic taverns to white tablecloth establishments, the city is home to an astonishing 3,000 tapas bars, each boasting a distinct personality and a different house specialty. They are the delicious pillars of the local community– places where families meet, friends chat for hours and first dates happen. But eating and drinking is only part of Seville’s story. From Julius Caesar to Christopher Columbus, from the Moorish conquest to the dark days of the Spanish Inquisition, this city’s 2000-year history is packed with famous figures, fascinating stories and amazing events that dramatically changed the course of history.
Join your expert local guide as they fill your belly and your mind on our 2-in-1 Tapas, Taverns & History Tour. You’ll taste and understand Seville’s incredible tapas scene across five historic Seville tapas bars (most of which are over 100 years old!) and, between bars, your guide will bring the city’s magical past to life and help you to discover this city and see it with fresh eyes.
Why choose this tour?
- Locals only! We visit and support local, family-run businesses that are extremely proud of what they do– and we’ll meet some of the owners throughout the evening!
- 2 in 1! You’ll enjoy an unbeatable combination of tapas and history– it’s two tours packed into one unforgettable experience so you can discover everything Seville has to offer in a single fantastic evening.
- Five traditional tapas bars! It’s a lot of food, but perfectly paced between walking and hearing stories about Seville. From Spain’s best jamón ibérico de bellota (acorn-fed ham) to delicious, creative dishes, you’ll taste a broad range of tapas, all paired with wines and sherries (and of course ending with dessert!).
- You’ll learn the essentials You’ve heard that Spain’s famous for its tapas, sherry and ham, but now you’ll find out why. And we’ll give you plenty of tips so you can go for tapas on your own!
- All-inclusive pricing Your tour includes all food and drink, a local English-speaking guide and 21% Spanish sales tax. The food offered is enough for a hearty dinner and also includes seven traditional alcoholic beverages– though non-alcoholic options are also available! The tour also includes our Devouring Seville printed guide to the best things to do (and eat!) in Seville.
- It’s a great time! From aperitif to dessert, you’ll have a smile on your face and you might start asking about moving to Seville by night’s end (it’s happened before!).
Please Note: In order to give a true taste of Seville’s tapas culture, this tour visits five authentic, busy tapas bars. The first three bars offer standing room only (as is tradition in Seville when tapas-hopping). There is seating available at the last two bars. Also, this tour is open to guests aged 13 years and up, for kids options see our daytime Tastes, Tapas and Traditions of Seville Food Tour. Because our evening tour does share a couple of stops with our daytime tour, we do not recommend booking both tours during your stay.