Tapas & Wine Tasting Tour
Key Information: Tapas & Wine Tasting Tour
|Offered daily Monday - Sunday 12:00pm and 12:45pm, or 7:15pm and 8:00pm (check your ticket for actual start time)|
|Tours last approximately 2.5 hours|
|Starts in Plaza Nueva.|
|€69 per adult (€57.02 plus 21% Spanish sales tax)|
What to Expect on Your Tour
Join us for a mouth-watering taste of Seville’s most delicious tapas accompanied by Spain’s incredible wines. You’ll make your way through three of the city’s most unique family-run tapas bars, from the most traditional to the new and modern. Along the way, you’ll devour plenty of delicious tapas – enough for a hearty dinner – and learn all about the best local wines. From full-bodied reds, to fruity whites and, of course, the region’s famous dry sherry wines– and maybe even a surprise or two!
But it’s not just eating and drinking– your passionate, expert English-speaking guide will reveal the secrets of Spain’s wines, teach you how to do tapas like a local and give you unforgettable insight into the culture of beautiful Seville!
Your experience begins in true local style, in Seville’s most traditional style tapas bar— a gastronomic treasure chest that is part bar, part shop, featuring delicious Spanish products and local Spanish wines. Here we pair Spain’s famous cured meats with one of the city’s best aperitifs, poured straight from the barrel! Your guide will also explain the true meaning of tapas (hint– they’re more than what meets the eye!), and give you key tips for navigating and mastering Seville’s busy tapas bars just like a local.
Next, you’ll step back in time as you’re whisked off to one of Seville’s oldest surviving bars. Rubbing shoulders with the locals, your guide will deepen your knowledge and appreciation for the region’s world-famous dry sherry wines, as you pair them with mouthwatering acorn fed Iberian ham– a delicacy in Seville– and 18-month aged sheep’s milk cheese.
But we’re just getting underway! Next we’ll weave through the medieval streets to one of Seville’s most well-loved creative tapas bars (one of the first of its kind in the city) where you’ll discover how Seville’s world-class chefs are mixing local and traditional ingredients with modern and creative flavors. The food will also be paired with a tasting of four more Spanish wines – this time more modern varieties, including local reds and wine from the famous region of Rioja. And of course, we’ll sip on something sweet at the end.*
Whether you’re a wine connoisseur or you just simply love to sip, you’ll learn tips for enjoying (and ordering) tapas and wine in Spain and plenty of fun facts that’ll help you enjoy wine once you get home. You’ll taste traditional and modern wines – and you’ll learn about how Spain is the wine world’s sleeping giant, as producers blend ancient techniques with modern technology.
How much food and wine is included? 10 different tastes— that’s enough tapas for a full dinner, paired with 7 different Spanish wines.
As with all Devour Seville food tours, you’ll be led by one of our small team of expert, passionate English-speaking guides. And you’ll get a copy of our Devouring Seville guide, which is packed with all our favorite places to eat and drink in the city. Plus, exclusive to this tour, you’ll also get our Seville Wine Guide, which will ensure the great wine flows freely for the rest of your stay.
Join us for the most delicious, fun and informative tapas and wine tour in Seville!
Please Note: In order to give a true taste of Seville’s tapas culture, this tour visits three authentic, busy tapas bars. The first two bars offer standing room only (as is tradition in Seville when tapas-hopping). There is seating at the last restaurant. Also, this tour is open to guests aged 18 years and up. Because this tour does share stops with our Evening Tapas and Flamenco Tour we do not recommend booking both tours during your stay.
*Because we work with small, family-run establishments, stops and tastes may change depending on availability.
Why choose this tour?
- Learn to eat tapas like a local! Tapas can be really confusing, especially in the busy bars of Seville! We’ll give you the tools, tips and confidence to tackle the tapas scene on your own!
- Taste 7 different wines! Full-bodied red wines, white wine, much misunderstood dry sherry wines, and remarkable sweet wine – you’ll taste a wide range of Spanish wines, and learn about what makes each different and special!
- Three unique tapas bars! From the most traditional to modern, you’ll hop from tapas bar to tapas bar, trying the specialities in each place and discovering delicious local wines.
- All inclusive pricing Your tour includes all food and drink, a local English-speaking guide and 21% Spanish sales tax. The food offered is enough for a hearty dinner and also includes seven traditional alcoholic beverages– though non-alcoholic options are also available! The tour also includes our Devouring Seville printed guide to the best things to do (and eat!) in Seville.
- It’s so much fun! You’ll have a smile on your face and you might start asking about moving to Seville by day’s end (it’s happened before!).