Aracena Ham Fair & Countryside Lunch Day Trip (Limited Dates!)
October 14th & 21st only! Discover the magic of Spain’s prized Iberian ham on this day trip to Aracena’s annual ham fair, including a visit to a family-run farm and countryside lunch!
- Private transportation to the annual ham fair in Aracena—a seasonal event!
- Taste Spain’s famous jamón ibérico, acorn-fed ham from native Iberian pigs
- Meet the owners of a family-run dehesa and enjoy a walk through their picturesque pastures
- A leisurely 3-course farm-to-table lunch paired with ecological wines from the region
- Learn about the fascinating and centuries-old tradition of pig farming and meat curing from local experts
- Visit one of Andalucia’s most charming villages, nestled into the nearby Huelva mountains
- Perfectly carved acorn-fed Iberian ham—Spain’s prized possession
- A selection of cured meats and patés from the family bodega
- A seasonal soup made with farm-fresh vegetables straight from the garden
- An expertly prepared charcoal-grilled steak and Spanish-style potatoes
- Something sweet to finish
- An ice-cold beer or soft drink at the fair
- Two ecological wines from the region at the farm
- A piping hot coffee or tea to finish
What to Expect on Your Tour
Join us on our annual expedition into the beautiful region of Huelva, home to Spain’s iconic oak tree pastures and the annual Aracena Ham Fair! On this day trip to the ham fair, we’ll dive deep into the fascinating world of Spain’s prized Iberian acorn-fed ham from farm to table. After attending the festivities of the fair, you’ll enjoy an authentic country lunch at a family-run dehesa. This is the perfect day trip from Seville for ham lovers and explorers looking to escape the city.
STOP BY STOP:
Kick off the day by meeting your expert guide and boarding private transport to Aracena. En route, you’ll get a quick lesson in the history of the region and Spain’s centuries-old ham and charcuterie tradition.
Our first stop is the annual Ham Fair in Aracena where we’ll tour the food stalls and learn about the importance of these local events for small-scale, independent and family-run businesses. Afterwards, enjoy a plate of perfectly carved Iberian acorn-fed ham, and wash it down with your choice of an ice-cold beer, wine or soft drink.
Next, it’s back to the bus for a short ride into the countryside. Our destination is a family-run dehesa, Huelva’s quintessential oak tree pastures where cherished Iberian pigs roam free. We’ll meet the family who lives on the farm, and then walk through shady pasture lands to see where pigs, goats and chickens are raised.
Then it’s off to the family bodega to learn more about their 100% ecological curing process, a tradition that’s over 1,000 years old! You’ll also get a crash course in ham appellation and learn how to distinguish different ham varieties.
Top off your dehesa tour with an authentic farm-to-table lunch, highlighting seasonal produce and charcuterie straight from the curing house! This 3-course meal also includes a selection of local ecological wines, coffee and dessert.
At the end of the day, you’ll be chauffeured back to the meeting point in Seville, having enjoyed a delicious experience in the beautiful Spanish countryside.
And as with all Devour Seville experiences, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Seville guide, which is packed with all our favorite places to eat and drink in the city! So put down your guidebook and get ready to experience Seville like a local!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!