Ham, Cheese & Sherry Tasting
This intimate sherry tasting at a family-run shop is the perfect introduction to local wine and the delicious world of Spanish charcuterie!
- Taste Spain’s most famous jamón ibérico, acorn-fed ham from native Iberian pigs
- Sip a deliciously dry and crisp Spanish Sherry—the perfect pairing!
- Watch an award-winning ham carver in action and learn about his art
- Learn the fascinating, centuries-old process for making jamón—Spain's prized possession
- Meet the owners of a family-run shop, tucked away in the charming backstreets
- Spain’s prized jamón ibérico, Iberian acorn-fed ham
- A selection of Spanish charcuterie including chorizo and pork loin
- Cured Spanish cheeses
- A crisp Manzanilla sherry straight from the barrel!
What to Expect on Your Tour
Spanish ham is a local source of pride, but not all hams are created equal! Join one of our passionate experts at a family-run shop, and sit down to an hour-long sherry tasting in Seville to try the best Spanish ham in town. You’ll learn all about this celebrated tradition, from how the animals are raised to how the meat is cured. You’ll also try other prized Iberian products, and learn how to order prime cuts of pork and ham in a restaurant! This tasting is led by a passionate food guide, and you’ll also meet the shop’s owners, who will be happy to share their story!
STOP BY STOP:
Start the experience with the best of the best—Spain’s black label Iberian acorn-fed ham. You’ll also learn about the specialized art of ham carving from an award-winning professional.
Next, try a selection of Iberian cured meats and cheeses. You’ll taste a variety of Spanish charcuterie, and learn about how the ancient tradition of curing meat is still popular and prevalent in Seville today!
Wash it all down with a refreshing glass of Manzanilla sherry—an unknown and underappreciated wine made exclusively in southern Spain.
And as with all Devour Seville experiences, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Seville guide, which is packed with all our favorite places to eat and drink in the city! So put down your guidebook and get ready to experience Seville like a local!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Known for its history with ceramic production, Triana is one of the most authentic and vibrant neighborhoods in the city!