Jerez Winery Tour & Sherry Day Trip
Join our boutique Jerez winery tour to experience the magic of Sherry wines as you discover a 19th Century sherry bodega and a modern family-run winery.
- Visit two wineries and try the most misunderstood wines in the world-- sherry wines-- and learn why they're the wine world's best kept secret
- Comfortable private transport from Seville with a professional driver -- we always let drivers drive and guides guide
- Private VIP tour and tasting at a stunning traditional sherry bodega that opened in 1876!
- Visit one of the area's most innovative and unique wineries to taste a white, red and rosé made using centuries-old techniques
- Experience the local atmosphere at the Jerez food market, and learn about the seasonal produce
- Taste a variety of specialty dishes at lunch at one of the most-loved traditional taverns in Jerez-- a unique place!
- Local cured sheep's milk cheese
- Delicious cured pork sausage
- Freshly picked local fruit grown on site!
- Lightly fried anchovies typical of the Cadiz region
- Delicious meatballs in a sherry-based sauce
- Bar Juanito's iconic artichokes
- Jerez's famous bean stew, "berza Jerezana"
- Delicious local homemade dessert
- A barrel aged, fruity red wine
- A deliciously light local rosé wine
- A fresh and dry white wine
- A bone dry fino sherry
- A caramel coloured amontillado sherry
- Sweet oloroso, unknown and seriously underappreciated
- Delicious Cream sherry
- Indulgently sweet Pedro Ximenez sherry
- A local beer, wine or dry manzanilla sherry
- Pedro Ximinez dessert wine + Coffee to finish
What to Expect on Your Tour
Join us for a wine-lover’s day out in the beautiful region of Jerez, home of Spain’s iconic sherry wine. Across two separate wineries we’ll introduce you to the traditional and the modern of winemaking in the region. We will explore the complex world of sherry as well as the amazing whites, reds and roses being produced in the area in this all-encompassing, thirst quenching day trip experience. And what’s more, you’ll also enjoy a tapas lunch in one of the most well-loved taverns in Jerez. This is a dream day trip for wine experts and curious beginners alike.
Kick off the day by meeting your local guide and boarding your private transport to begin your day trip adventure. En route to Jerez, you’ll get a grounding in the history of Jerez and winemaking in the region from your expert guide. Our first winery is located down narrow dirt tracks in the outskirts of Jerez. We’ll tour this spectacularly beautiful winery, visting an underground cellar and ecological vineyards, before trying some of its stand-out vinos paired with charcuterie and cheese.
Having whet our appetite, we’ll head into the city and embark on a cultural stroll through the beautiful city center, passing by some of the city’s iconic monuments and experiencing the unique atmosphere at the city’s lively food market as your guide points out some local specialities.
Then for lunch, we’ll sit down to tapas in one of the city’s most iconic taverns off the beaten track in the city center, where you will enjoy local wine paired with a delicious selection of tapas, discovering the incredible local cuisine with each bite.
After lunch, it’s time for our second winery of the day – one of the city’s most emblematic sherry bodegas. We’ll see the unique way sherry wine is produced and what makes it so special to this region. Armed with our sherry knowledge, it’s time for a tasting! Sample a selection of the bodegas finest sherry wines with tips on how best to pair each unique drink.
At the end of the day, you’ll be chauffeured back to our meeting point in Seville, having enjoyed a delicious, relaxing and enlightening wine trip experience.
As always with Devour Seville tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Seville mini guide, packed with all of our favorite places to eat and drink in the city, so you’ll be eating well for the rest of your stay! And you’ll also get our special wine guide full of extra information about Spanish wines, so that you can continue the love affair back home!
The beautiful scenery, food and, of course, wine of Jerez are calling your name… don’t miss out!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Discover the magic of the charming city of Jerez, home of the deliciously unique sherry wine
Rave Reviews for This Tour
As part of our visit to Seville, my husband and I decided to treat ourselves to a guided excursion to Jerez de la Frontera, so we booked the Jerez Winery and Sherry Day Trip, with Devour. We knew it would be a small group...but we were delighted to discover that we had our fantastic guides, Jaimie and Maria (plus a driver) to ourselves for the day. They were both so charming, knowledgeable, and accommodating that the jaunt to Jerez was one of the highlights of our vacation.
What an amazing experience, something we'd never considered doing before, but would definitely try again. Maria was exceptionally welcoming and friendly and gave us the most wonderful introduction to choosing Tapas and accompanying drinks.
What a great way to learn about the food, history, and culture of the town. Our guides were knowledgeable, and they made the experience enjoyable by sharing stories and insights. Absolutely wonderful experience.