Tastes, Tapas & Traditions of Seville Food Tour
Explore three Seville neighborhoods, learn about the city's unique celebrations and taste its best food on this daytime foodie feast
- Try world famous Iberian ham and learn about the complex art of ham slicing from a master slicer
- Discover some of Seville's hidden, off the beaten track squares, and the stories that lie behind them
- Participate in a century old foodie tradition many visitors miss out on at a local convent
- Learn about the iconic traditions and celebrations that make Seville so unique in the company of a local expert
- Sit down to some delicious hot-off-the-grill tapas and learn how to do tapas like a true local
- Sip the unique sherry locals adore and learn why this wine is much more than just a Christmas tipple
- Iconic pork stew pringá toast to begin
- Masterfully sliced acorn-fed Iberian ham
- Delicious sweets baked by Sevillano nuns
- An amazing chorizo and cheese montadito
- Delicious fried fish eaten at Seville's April Fair
- A tapa of your choice from Maria's kitchen
- A slow-cooked pork sandwich
- Deliciously crispy chips made in Spanish olive oil
- Seville's most famous icecream
- A glass of piping hot coffee
- A refreshing local alternative to sangría
- Alvaro's delightful orange wine
- A bone dry manzanilla sherry
- A glass of a wine or a local beer - you choose!
What to Expect on Your Tour
Bursting with color, passion and sunshine, it’s hard not to fall head over heels for beautiful Seville. One of Spain’s most important cities since ancient times, Seville has been home to Romans, Muslims, Jews and Christians – a melting pot of cultures whose lasting legacy is its incredible food. But with so many restaurants in the city and so many tapas to try, how can you ensure you’re getting the best of the best during your stay?
Join us on our 4-hour walking food tour and delve deep into Seville’s culinary traditions. You’ll eat your way through three of the city’s neighborhoods while learning about the different civilizations who have made the local gastronomy so unique. And while Seville has experienced an avalanche of new gourmet tapas bars in recent years, on this tour we avoid the fancy and embrace the rustic, the authentic, the real – the places where born-and-bred Sevillians eat, drink and celebrate. From a local market, to a century old bar to the best fried fish shop in the city, our expert English-speaking guide will take you off the beaten track and into the family-run food businesses where you taste a true flavor of the city.
Make sure to come hungry, we’ve lined up some of the city’s most delicious tastes for you to enjoy, from breakfast right the way through to dessert (and with the best Spanish ham, traditional tapas, wine and lots more in between). Along the way, you’ll get an insight into the iconic traditions that make Seville a true hub of Spanish culture, from the dazzling dresses of the April Fair to the sombre celebration of Seville’s Holy Week. You’ll also explore some of the city’s best kept secrets, from stunning hidden plazas to tiny alleyways where most tourists would never know to look.
And as always with Devour Seville tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Seville mini guide, packed with all of our favorite places to eat and drink in the city, so you’ll be eating well for the rest of your stay. So bring your apetitie and lose yourself in the magic of the authentic Seville on our morning foodie feast.
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Weave your way through three of Seville's central neighborhoods, including the historic center, the old Jewish Quarter and the rejuvinated Arenal area
Rave Reviews for This Tour
We went to so many hole in the wall establishments that felt local and I got to see much more than I bargained for. I was a little worried about doing the the tour as a vegetarian, but there were options for me at every stop and I walked away full, happy and in the best position to see more of Seville in the following days. This was a highlight of my Spain trip for sure.
We did the tapas tour as a family....The guide Jamie was amazing.... Jamie has a passion for Seville and it shines through in his love for all things Seville.The kids enjoyed their time on the tour and were kept interested by Jamie. Highly recommend Devour Seville for singles, couples and families looking to experience a great tour in Seville.
Let me start by saying we rarely do tours. Too many people and much too much recitation of "facts". This tour is completely different. ..where one gets a real sense of the people and culture through visiting markets and tapas bars, tasting food and drink along the way.