Tastes, Tapas & Traditions of Seville Food Tour
Taste your way through 3 historic Seville neighborhoods while visiting markets, tapas bars, pastry shops & more!
- Taste the world's best Iberian ham and meet a master slicer
- A visit to the incredible Encarnación Market—the world's largest wooden structure!
- Delicious traditional Andalusian tapas and a lesson in doing tapas like a local
- Seville's most famous breakfast sandwich at a traditional place locals love
- Discover Seville's hidden squares, and the 2,000+ year history most visitors miss
- A glimpse at Seville's top sights—the Royal Alcazar, Santa Cruz neighborhood & Cathedral
- Seville's famous slow-cooked pork sandwich, pringá
- Acorn-fed Iberian ham—expertly hand sliced!
- Delicious sweets baked by local cloistered nuns
- An amazing chorizo and cheese montadito
- Delicious fried fish eaten at Seville's April Fair
- A tapa of your choice from Maria's kitchen
- Homemade crispy chips fried in Spanish olive oil
- Seville's most famous ice cream in signature flavors
- Local style Spanish coffee to start the day
- The local version of sangría
- A bone dry manzanilla sherry
- A glass of a wine or a local beer—you choose!
What to Expect on Your Tour
Seville has been home to Romans, Muslims, Jews and Christians—a melting pot of cultures whose lasting legacy is its incredible food! On this daytime food tour, you’ll taste the city’s best bites alongside a local expert. While Seville has experienced an avalanche of new gourmet tapas bars in recent years, we’ll embrace the rustic, authentic and real! Head off the beaten track and into family-run shops to taste the true flavor of the city, all while getting insider information on the iconic traditions that make Seville so unique!
Start your morning off in true Sevillian fashion with a hot café con leche paired with the city’s most traditional breakfast fare.
On the way to the next tasting stop, you’ll take in one of Seville’s most original squares before popping into the local market. Here you’ll taste Spain’s most prized gem—cured acorn-fed Iberian ham!
Next up, your expert guide will lead you to a reminder of Seville’s Moorish past, and provide insider information on some of the city’s biggest cultural events.
Then it’s time for another taste—this time, something sweet from some very surprising local bakers! Trust us when we say this is one stop many visitors miss, simply because they don’t know it exists!
Afterwards, you’ll head to a local bar that does more than serve delicious traditional food! Upon entering, you’ll see it also serves as an unofficial museum for all things related to Seville’s famous holy week. Here you’ll taste two variations of small sandwiches, known as montaditos.
On the way to your next food stop, you’ll see some of Seville’s must-see sights before arriving to a true Sevillano institution—a takeaway shop specialized in freshly fried food. Here you’ll taste the most popular food at Seville’s April Fair—fried dogfish, paired with a refreshing glass of Spanish white wine!
Finally, you’ll finish your foodie adventure throughout Seville at one of the city’s very best tapas bar, where you’ll fall in love with its traditional feel and home-cooked food.
And as with all Devour Seville tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Seville guide, which is packed with all our favorite places to eat and drink in the city! So put down your guidebook and get ready to experience Seville like a local!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides, who loves kids! They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Weave your way through three of Seville's central neighborhoods, including the historic center, the old Jewish Quarter and the rejuvenated Arenal area
Rave Reviews for This Tour
We went to so many hole in the wall establishments that felt local and I got to see much more than I bargained for. I was a little worried about doing the the tour as a vegetarian, but there were options for me at every stop and I walked away full, happy and in the best position to see more of Seville in the following days. This was a highlight of my Spain trip for sure.
We did the tapas tour as a family....The guide Jamie was amazing.... Jamie has a passion for Seville and it shines through in his love for all things Seville.The kids enjoyed their time on the tour and were kept interested by Jamie. Highly recommend Devour Seville for singles, couples and families looking to experience a great tour in Seville.
Let me start by saying we rarely do tours. Too many people and much too much recitation of "facts". This tour is completely different. ..where one gets a real sense of the people and culture through visiting markets and tapas bars, tasting food and drink along the way.