Tapas, Taverns & History Tour
Seville's top-rated tapas tour! A 2-in-1 adventure with amazing tapas plus a fascinating tour of Seville's historic center.
- An insider local guide who will teach you to do tapas like a local -- from choosing an authentic tapas bar to the unwritten rules of ordering and paying
- Discover the magical world of Spanish wines and sherries, paired excellently with each dish you enjoy
- The best authentic tapas in Seville at places that locals love, carefully selected from Seville's 3000+ tapas bars-- including Spain's treasured Iberian ham!
- A glimpse at Seville's main sites on a historic walking tour: the Royal Alcázar, Plaza Nueva, Santa Cruz Jewish Quarter, Cathedral and more
- The chance to touch history as you visit 100-year-old family-run tapas bars where you'll taste recipes passed down through generations
- Find out why Seville was once considered the most important city in the world-- & how this changed the food we eat today
- Acorn-fed Iberian ham-- the best of the best!
- Delicious Manchego cheese drizzled in olive oil
- Beautifully seasoned, slow roasted pork belly
- A spectacular salt cod snack
- Sobrasada, a local delicacy similar to chorizo
- A tapa of your choice from Maria's kitchen
- Deliciously tender pork cheek - heaven!
- A Moorish inspired lamb skewer
- Lightly grilled tuna from Cadiz
- Delicate cod pastry with garlic and almond ajo blanco sauce
- Traditional Spanish dessert made by local nuns!
- A secret family recipe vermouth
- Bone dry manzanilla sherry
- A selection of Spanish wines or a local beer
- The local alternative to sangría
- Alvaro's delightful orange wine
- Deliciously sweet dessert sherry
What to Expect on Your Tour
Food and history are the keys to discovering Seville. From tiny rustic taverns to white tablecloth establishments, you’ll get a true feel for what local life is like in Seville in the local bars and restaurants that truly are the delicious pillars of the local community– places where families meet, friends chat for hours and first dates happen. But eating and drinking is only part of Seville’s story. From Julius Caesar to Christopher Columbus, from the Moorish conquest to the dark days of the Spanish Inquisition, this city’s 2000-year history is packed with famous figures, fascinating stories and amazing events that dramatically changed the course of history.
This 2-in-1 four hour walking tour takes you on a whirlwind journey through the complex story of Seville, revealing the many ways the city has been influenced by its astonishing past and devouring some of the delicious specialties of Seville as you go. In a city with over 3,000 tapas bars and restaurants, finding the authentic, traditional places isn’t straightforward. You, along with your expert, English-speaking guide, will live the tapas tradition like a true local, stepping into some century-old, off the beaten track places locals love. You’ll see (and feel) the unique atmosphere of each establishment, taste their standout dishes and pair them with some uniquely Spanish wines, from bone dry sherry to deliciously sweet orange wine.
And what’s more, you’ll take an evening stroll through the old Jewish Quarter of Seville, Barrio Santa Cruz, hear stories of the events that occurred there during the Spanish Inquisition, and the Romeo and Juliet style story from the neighborhood that locals love to share. You’ll even learn about the impact of Christopher Columbus on Seville, and the mysterious story of the location of his remains.
As always with Devour Seville tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Seville mini guide, packed with all of our favorite places to eat and drink in the city, so you’ll be eating well for the rest of your stay.
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Weave your way through three of Seville's central neighborhoods, including the historic center, the old Jewish Quarter and the rejuvinated Arenal area
Rave Reviews for This Tour
So informative, such yummy tapas and authentic drinks we would never have tried if not for Jamie's introduction. The four hours passed too quickly! It was also so helpful to get a list of places we visited and extra tips of local secrets and hidden gems at the end of our tour - we can use this knowledge for the rest of our time in this beautiful city.... Do yourself a favour and book a tour early on in your visit, you won't be disappointed.
The history was amazing and David was very entertaining while telling it. I am a history buff and he was really very accurate and told us about things I never would have thought of, that made the trip fun and interesting.
It was the perfect mix of history, drinks, good company and fantastic tapas in some lovely local restaurants. I have not been able to stop talking about it and it was a definite highlight of my first visit to Spain.