Tapas, Taverns & History Tour
A 2-in-1 tapas and history adventure! Taste the city’s best food while uncovering its fascinating past along the way.
- An insider local guide who will teach you how to do tapas like a local—from choosing an authentic tapas bar to the unwritten rules of ordering and paying
- Discover the magical world of Spanish wines and sherries, paired excellently with each dish you enjoy
- The best authentic tapas in Seville—including Spain's treasured Iberian ham!—at places locals love, carefully selected from Seville's 3,000+ tapas bars
- A glimpse at Seville's main sights on a historic walking tour: the Royal Alcázar, Plaza Nueva, Santa Cruz Jewish Quarter, Cathedral and more
- The chance to touch history as you visit 100-year-old family-run tapas bars where you'll taste recipes passed down through generations
- Find out why Seville was once considered the most important city in the world—and how this changed the food we eat today
- Acorn-fed Iberian ham—the best of the best!
- Delicious Manchego cheese drizzled in olive oil
- Beautifully seasoned, slow roasted pork belly
- A spectacular salt cod snack
- Sobrasada, a local delicacy similar to chorizo
- A tapa of your choice from Maria's kitchen
- Deliciously tender pork cheek—heaven!
- A Moorish inspired lamb skewer
- Lightly grilled tuna from Cadiz
- Delicate cod pastry with garlic and almond ajo blanco sauce
- Traditional Spanish dessert made by local nuns!
- Vermouth made from a secret family recipe
- Bone dry manzanilla sherry
- A selection of Spanish wines or a local beer
- The local alternative to sangría
- Alvaro's delightful orange wine
- Deliciously sweet dessert sherry
What to Expect on Your Tour
This two-in-one tour gives you the very best of Seville’s tapas, along with the can’t-leave-without-hearing stories of its past! From Julius Caesar to Christopher Columbus and the Moorish conquest to the dark days of the Spanish Inquisition, Seville’s 2,000-year history is packed with famous figures, stories and events that dramatically changed the course of history. You’ll hear those stories and more as you explore Seville’s historic center, popping in and out of family-run bars and tasting the best tapas in the city!
You’ll start the night off at Seville’s oldest tapas bar, where you’ll enjoy the city’s classic aperitif—a glass of vermouth—paired with acorn-fed Iberian ham!
Afterwards, your expert guide will lead the way to a few interesting pockets in the city, and you’ll begin to see Moorish influence left and right. You’ll also come face-to-face with the remains of a Roman temple!
Next up, you’ll visit a tiny tapas bar you might miss if you’re not looking for it! This family-run stop serves fantastic orange wine, and you’ll also try cured Manchego cheese and slow-roasted pork belly drizzled with Spanish olive oil.
A historical walk through Seville wouldn’t be complete without seeing the city’s stunning cathedral. You won’t go inside, but you will get a quick lesson in the largest Gothic cathedral in the world while discovering its Roman and Moorish influences. You’ll then continue on to the beautiful Barrio Santa Cruz, where you’ll hear Seville’s very own version of Romeo and Juliet!
Then it’s time for more tapas! You’ll head to a traditional bar often packed with locals to try one of the city’s most typical tapas—montaditos—little sandwiches filled with all sorts of goodness! You’ll pair these delicious bites with a fantastic local wine.
Afterwards, it’s back to the city to discover a few more of its secrets and hidden plazas. Then, we’ll stop at a traditional tapas bar where you’ll taste the refreshing wine drink locals order (hint: it’s not sangría!), as well as a homemade tapa. You’ll also learn the tricks of the trade when it comes to doing tapas like a local!
Finally, you’ll end the tour with a sit-down meal of shared plates at a bar that’s been doing creative Spanish food since way before it became popular! You’ll also get to try a truly delicious wine from Andalusia that pairs perfectly with this restaurant’s specialty tapas. And of course, you’ll finish the night off with a little something sweet!
And as with all Devour Seville tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Seville guide, which is packed with all our favorite places to eat and drink in the city! So put down your guidebook and get ready to experience Seville like a local!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Weave your way through three of Seville's central neighborhoods, including the historic center, the old Jewish Quarter and the rejuvinated Arenal area
Rave Reviews for This Tour
So informative, such yummy tapas and authentic drinks we would never have tried if not for Jamie's introduction. The four hours passed too quickly! It was also so helpful to get a list of places we visited and extra tips of local secrets and hidden gems at the end of our tour - we can use this knowledge for the rest of our time in this beautiful city.... Do yourself a favour and book a tour early on in your visit, you won't be disappointed.
The history was amazing and David was very entertaining while telling it. I am a history buff and he was really very accurate and told us about things I never would have thought of, that made the trip fun and interesting.
It was the perfect mix of history, drinks, good company and fantastic tapas in some lovely local restaurants. I have not been able to stop talking about it and it was a definite highlight of my first visit to Spain.