Flamenco style eggs are an Andalusian classic and with fresh vegetables and great flavor combinations, you’ll love this Huevos a la Flamenca recipe.
We love this dish for spring and summer, as it is a great way to take advantage of all the yummy veggies at the market. Traditionally, the dish is served up hot in its own little ramekin. Whether you throw it together for lunch, or serve it to friends and family at dinner, this super popular dish will be a hit every time.
Photo Credit: Molly Elliot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red peppers, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 15-20 grams fresh tomatoes (grated on a cheese grater)
- 8 eggs
- 8 slices of Serrano ham
- 8 slices of chorizo
- 5 ounces peas (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 395 F
- Pan fry the onion and peppers slowly in the olive oil until they are soft.
- Then add the garlic. This should take approximately 10 minutes.
- Continue to fry until you start to smell the garlic, then add the tomatoes and paprika.
- Continue to fry over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Divide the tomato, onion and pepper mixture into 4 ramekins.
- Break 2 eggs on top of each.
- Top with 2 slices of ham, 2 slices of chorizo and a handful of peas on top of each one.
- Bake the ramekins for about 10 minutes until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Still hungry after all that cooking? Join us in Seville to try the traditional foods of the city on one of our food tours! Our expert guides will show you the authentic Seville locals live on a daily basis! We look forward to seeing you in Seville soon!
Since 2005, Cyra has lived in the UK, Portugal and Spain working as a professional tour guide. But it was Seville’s charm that captured her heart, and she hasn’t looked back since moving to her favorite city for food, wine and quality of life.