Best of Seville: Royal Alcazar & Santa Cruz Quarter Tapas Tour
Visit Seville’s unforgettable Royal Alcazar Palace with an expert guide and then head off on a delicious tapas tour in the Jewish Quarter!
- Special access—skip the line and step back in time! The best of the Royal Alcazar in just over an hour (tickets included in tour price)!
- Walk in the footsteps of kings, queens, sultans and sailors as you explore one of Seville’s oldest and most-treasured monuments
- A beloved bar serving up Seville's best ham
- Delicious hot-off-the-grill tapas and a lesson in their curious connection to Spanish history
- Venture through old Roman streets to see how history has unfolded over the last two millenia
- An insider look at where famous movies and TV shows (like Game of Thrones!) were filmed inside the spectacular palace and gardens-- photo op!
Alcazar tour: amazing. Such a good idea to mix local food and Sevilla history! Our guide Miguel was fantastic showing and explaining a lot of stories about his city and the history of the Alcazar. We saw places unknown in most touristic books.
As the name says, I think we had the best of Sevilla: a very knowledgeable visit of Alcazar, a trip through history guided by Miguel and Jaimie, completed with a tapas walk in the old city of Sevilla. Together we traveled through history, through ages and centuries. I heartily and strongly recommend the tours and the people from Devour Tours.
- Delicious sweets baked by local nuns
- Spain's prized Iberian acorn-fed ham
- Cured sheep's milk cheese
- Cod fish fried to perfection
- Braised pork cheek - a local specialty!
- Crispy eggplant paired with a traditional tomato sauce
- A refreshing tinto de verano the local alternative to sangría
- Spanish wine or local beer—you choose!
What to Expect on Your Tour
Discover tantalizing tales of kings, queens, sultans and sailors, and the many more who walked the halls of Seville’s Royal Alcazar! After this unique Royal Alcazar tour, you’ll feast on an array of treats and tapas as you learn how the marvelous mixture of civilizations in Seville has shaped its art, architecture and gastronomy.
STOP BY STOP
Start your day in a square that was once the city center in Roman times! Meet your expert guide and get a lightning fast history lesson to prepare for the morning ahead. Afterwards, make your way through Seville’s winding streets to a hidden gem where you’ll try a tasty homemade treat. Next, you’re off to the Real Alcazár, or Royal Palace, with a few more history stops along the way.
Skip the line and enter Seville’s one-of-a-kind palace, the oldest in Europe of its kind! Explore the many rooms and lush gardens, and walk in the footsteps of Christopher Columbus, the Catholic Kings Isabel and Ferdinand, and Holy Roman Emperor Charles V. Hear tales of romance, heroic battles, and first-time voyages to unknown lands as you weave your way through 1,000 years of history! Plus, see the filming locations of famous movies and TV shows including Game of Thrones and Lawrence of Arabia!
After the Alcazar, it’s off to try tapas at two of Seville’s most iconic eateries. First, a tiny tavern where you’ll taste the Sevillian answer to sangría and a savory spinach and chickpea stew.
Wrap things up in the heart of Seville’s old Jewish quarter at one of the city’s most traditional tapas restaurants. Try a selection of plates hot-off-the-grill paired with your choice of beer or wine and a sweet twist on a Spanish classic to finish!
And as with all Devour Seville experiences, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Seville guide, which is packed with all our favorite places to eat and drink in the city! So put down your guidebook and get ready to experience Seville like a local!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Explore Seville's historic center, including the picturesque old Jewish quarter.