Aracena Ham Fair & Country Lunch Day Trip (Limited Dates!)
October 28th only! Discover the magic of Spain’s prized Iberian ham on this day trip to a family-run farm and a visit to Aracena for the annual ham fair and lunch at a local tavern.
- Private transportation to the annual ham fair in Aracena—a seasonal event!
- Taste Spain’s famous jamón ibérico, acorn-fed ham from native Iberian pigs
- Meet the owners of a family-run dehesa and enjoy a walk through their picturesque pastures
- Learn about the centuries-old tradition of pig farming and meat curing from local experts
- Visit one of Andalusia’s most charming villages, nestled into the nearby Huelva mountains
- Lunch at a beloved local tavern where you’ll try a variety of tapas highlighting regional cuisine
- Perfectly carved acorn-fed Iberian ham—Spain’s prized possession
- Iberian acorn-fed small pork loin from the family bodega
- Cured meats and cheeses from the stalls at the fair
- A farm-fresh salad with with Arabic influences
- Expertly grilled asparagus
- Sizzling pork sirloin with a sweet sherry sauce
- Three local wines from the region at the farm
- An ice-cold beer or soft drink at the fair
- A piping hot coffee or tea to finish
What to Expect on Your Tour
Join us on our annual expedition into the beautiful region of Huelva, home to Spain’s iconic oak tree pastures and annual Aracena Ham Fair! On this day trip to the ham fair, we’ll literally go farm to table as we dive into the fascinating world of Spain’s prized acorn-fed ham. After visiting a local family-run dehesa we’ll head for the festivities at the fair, where you’ll enjoy an authentic country lunch at local tavern. This is the perfect day trip from Seville for ham lovers and explorers looking to escape the city!
STOP BY STOP:
Kick off the day by meeting your expert guide and boarding private transport to Aracena. En route, you’ll get a quick lesson in the history of the region and Spain’s centuries-old ham and charcuterie tradition.
Our first stop is deep in the countryside to a family-run dehesa, Huelva’s quintessential oak tree pastures where cherished Iberian pigs roam free. We’ll meet the family and staff who live on the farm, and then walk through shady pasture lands to see where their prized Iberian pigs are raised.
Next, it’s off to the family bodega to learn more about their curing process, a tradition that’s over 1,000 years old! You’ll also get a crash course in ham appellation and learn how to distinguish different ham varieties.
After the family-farm it’s back to the bus for a short ride to the Ham Fair in Aracena, where we’ll tour the food stalls and learn about the importance of these local events for small-scale, independent and family-run businesses. At the fair, we’ll also enjoy a few local products and an ice-cold beer, wine or soft drink.
Top off your foodie adventure with lunch at a local tavern, and try an array of delicious tapas highlighting the region’s top products.
At the end of the day, you’ll be chauffeured back to the meeting point in Seville, having enjoyed a delicious experience in the beautiful Spanish countryside.
And as with all Devour Seville experiences, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Seville guide, which is packed with all our favorite places to eat and drink in the city! So put down your guidebook and get ready to experience Seville like a local!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Visit a rustic family-run pig farm in the Huelva Mountains and the charming white village of Aracena