Jerez Winery Tour & Sherry Day Trip
Experience the magic of sherry wines on this boutique Jerez winery tour, where you’ll visit a 19th century sherry bodega and a modern, family-run winery!
- Visit two wineries and try the most misunderstood wines in the world—sherry wines—and learn why they're the wine world's best kept secret
- Comfortable private transport from Seville with a professional driver—we always let drivers drive and guides guide
- Private VIP tour and tasting at a stunning traditional sherry bodega that opened in 1876!
- Visit one of the area's most innovative and unique wineries to taste a white, red and rosé made using centuries-old techniques
- Experience the local atmosphere at the Jerez food market, and learn about the seasonal produce
- Enjoy lunch at one of the most-loved traditional taverns in Jerez, where you’ll taste a variety of specialty dishes!
The jaunt to Jerez was one of the highlights of our vacation. Our first stop was a winery established in the last decade by a local couple. Being part of a small group meant that we got to meet the owner, who showed us around and explained that their products are organic and follow techniques going back to Roman times. We wrapped up with a fantastic lunch at a restaurant that is a local institution. We agreed that this was probably the best meal of our trip.
Maria was a really enthusiastic guide (with excellent English) who obviously knew a lot about wines, including vermouth and sherry. All the food tastings were really good and further recommendations were made at the end of the tour.
What a great way to learn about the food, history, and culture of the town. Our guides were knowledgeable, and they made the experience enjoyable by sharing stories and insights. Absolutely wonderful experience.
- Local cured sheep's milk cheese
- Delicious cured pork sausage
- Freshly picked local fruit grown on site!
- Lightly fried anchovies typical of the Cadiz region
- Delicious meatballs in a sherry-based sauce
- Bar Juanito's iconic artichokes
- Jerez's famous bean stew, "berza Jerezana"
- Delicious local homemade dessert
- A barrel aged, fruity red wine
- A deliciously light local rosé wine
- A fresh and dry white wine
- A bone dry fino sherry
- A caramel colored amontillado sherry
- Sweet oloroso, unknown and seriously underappreciated
- Delicious Cream sherry
- Indulgently sweet Pedro Ximenez sherry
- A local beer, wine or dry manzanilla sherry
- Coffee to finish
What to Expect
Join us for a wine-lover’s day out in the beautiful region of Jerez, home of Spain’s iconic sherry wine! Between two different winery visits, you’ll dive into the complex world of sherry at a 19th century bodega, and you’ll taste delicious reds, whites and rosés at a modern, family-run winery! This day trip will be complete with lunch at one of the most well-loved taverns in Jerez, where you’ll taste the dishes locals can’t get enough of. This is a dream day trip for wine experts and curious beginners alike!
Kick things off by meeting your local guide in Seville and boarding your private transport to Jerez. On the drive there, your guide will arm you with key background information as you hear the story of Jerez and its fascinating winemaking traditions.
The first stop of the day is a winery located down narrow dirt tracks and deep in the heart of the sherry triangle. You’ll get a private tour of this spectacular winery, its underground cellar and the organic vineyards before trying some of its stand-out wines. The wines will be paired with a charcuterie board filled with cured meats, cheese and seasonal fruit.
Having whet your appetite, it’s time to head into Jerez and embark on a cultural stroll through the beautiful city center, passing by some of the city’s iconic monuments and experiencing the unique atmosphere at the city’s lively food market.
Next, it’s time to head to the second winery of the day—one of Jerez’s most emblematic sherry bodegas! You’ll see the unique way sherry wine is produced and come to understand what makes it so special to this region. Armed with your newfound sherry knowledge, it’s time for a tasting! You’ll sample a selection of the bodega’s finest sherry wines, and get valuable tips on how best to pair each unique drink.
Finally, it’s time for lunch! Your local guide will take you off the beaten track to visit one of the city’s most iconic taverns. During lunch, you’ll enjoy fabulous local wine paired with a selection of special tapas, discovering incredible local cuisine with each bite!
At the end of the day, your private transport will take you back to the initial meeting point in Seville.
And, of course, you’ll get our Devouring Seville mini-guide which is packed with all our favorite places to eat in the city. Plus, exclusive to this tour, you’ll also get our Seville Wine Guide, which will ensure the great wine flows freely for the rest of your trip.
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Discover the magic of Spain's unique sherry wine region