At Devour Tours our mission is to connect curious travelers with local food and people in a way that helps culture thrive! We proudly partner with family-run establishments, we believe in ethical and sustainable tourism and are passionate about helping our tour guests feel like locals. We work hard, we demand excellence of ourselves and those we work with, and we take a keen interest in the professional development of the people on our team.
If you’re excited by our mission and would love to work for a leading company in this country’s fast-paced tourism industry, then we want to hear from you!
Below are the positions we currently have available. Having said that, we are always looking to hear from smart, motivated people who would love to work for a young, vibrant and ambitious company like Devour Tours. Even if we don’t have a place for you right now – we’ll certainly take notice and give you a ring when something comes up.
Food Tour Guides Needed
Status: We accept applications on a rolling basis for vacancies that may open up throughout the year.
– Do you love Seville and Spain? Do you love Spanish food? Can you command a crowd, make them listen and make them laugh? Then you might be a perfect candidate for a job as a food tour guide with Devour Seville.
– You need to make a great first impression, be a fantastic storyteller, have an infectious sense of humor, be adept at thinking quickly on your feet, be responsible and detail-oriented and be empathetic and highly sensitive to people’s backgrounds, cultures, and differences.
– We want people who are passionate about Seville, Spain, and this country’s cuisine, and who know how to communicate that passion to others and make them as excited as you.
– If you think you might be the right person, check the application requirements below and get in touch.
– Have a high level of English and Spanish
– Be allowed to work in Spain and registered (or willing to register) as an autónomo. As an ethical employer, we only work with autónomo guides, meaning you can legally invoice us and we can legally pay you. Becoming autónomo is very easy (we can help get you set up) and note that under current laws, for the first 18 months you’ll only pay €50/month social security. Please note: if you are on a student visa this does not allow you to be autónomo and unfortunately means you’re not able to work with us.
– Have lived in Seville for at least one year
– Have a smartphone and be easily reachable via it to advise about last minute tours, tour changes and other information (whether via Whatsapp, SMS or email)
– Have access to internet at home and check their email at least once a day; and
– Be available for monthly team meetings and periodic (fun!) training sessions.
In order to apply, please fill out this application form:: http://bit.ly/2S6DBVR
Lisbon Food Tour Operations Manager & Guide
Do you love people, food, and travel? Are you the one who organizes your trips abroad– usually around the best places to eat? Devour Tours is an award-winning food tour company whose mission is to connect curious travelers with local food and people in a way that helps culture thrive! We are growing quickly and we are looking for an ambitious and passionate Lisbon-lover to join our team and bring our tours to life.
This role is dynamic and will evolve as the city grows. A successful candidate in this role will be responsible for product development, guiding, and eventually hiring and training a team. Great communication skills are essential to working with a largely remote team, and we are looking for someone who demonstrates both attention to detail and flexibility.
Successful candidates will also consist of a combination of the following:
– High level English and Portuguese (other languages are a plus)
– Entrepreneurial experience is a plus
– Experience in hospitality or the tourism industry
– Works well under pressure and can intuitively solve problems quickly
– Organised and a great communicator
– Knowledge of Lisbon and Portugal
– Love for and curiosity about food, history, culture and people
– Flexibility – this role works from home and has a fluid schedule
– Excited to develop as a leader and to lead a team
What we offer:
Competitive pay, bonus structure, ongoing education and the opportunity to join a growing company and develop your career in a leading tourism company.
To apply, please fill out this application form: https://goo.gl/forms/UU06SMZRzN7ZraNe2